Monday, June 16, 2008

Preface and Acknowledgements

Like so many other things in my life, I have been thinking of starting this (writing blog) since long but haven't done anything about it yet. Now, as I haven't left with any unread novel right now, computer's speakers are dead and 2:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning is little too early to sleep, I think the constellation is just perfect to start this.
It is traditional to provide acknowledgements and preface before writing anything and I am all in for traditions right now for two reasons. One is that, I need some practice in typing English rather than C# and the other is that I am still hopeful that I will drop this atrocious plan (of writing blog) by the end of it and the world will be saved from my blog bombings.


Acknowledgements:
Five persons who can be held responsible other than myself for all incoherent blabbering on this blog are Abhishek, Basant, Nilofer, Mahesh and Parag.
Abhishek is pestered like hell from all the philosophy of life, I keep pouring in his ears. Thinking why should only he be the sufferer, he keeps motivating me to write it all in a blog. He is hopeful that he will be able to avoid me after that, but I am not.
Basant wants somebody to write travelogs for all his mis-adventurous trips with we poor souls (Oh, there are so many victims here). He thinks that I am the one who do the least amount of work out of this mis-adventurous lot hence I should shoulder this responsibility. I am afraid that I am too late here again as the chances of further misadventures have gone really bleak after the sudden announcement of engagement of Basant aka Plan Singh.
Nilofer is someone who keeps arguing and putting her point through on any philosophical discussion even after my most atrocious arguments on the topic. Though I find it unprecedented and commendable, I attribute this phenomenon solely to her ability of ignoring me completely. I see this blog as opportunity of putting my points only and not allowing anybody else, thus insuring that I am not completely ignored.
Mahesh fancies that he is as big a looser as I am. His pertinent question to me is "How best a looser can keep going through life?". I don't know why he thinks that I know the answer and I don't rate him high among the losers also. Yet, since he has asked, I will try my best here.
Parag has agreed to praise each and every article that will be published here. He will give special and illogical support to all my statements which do not have any rationale or can be proved wrong easily. The plan we have here is to declare such statements axioms and term anything against these blasphemy.
Apart from the aforementioned people, I also got inspired from thousands of bloggers who don't know a sh*t about writing and still keep burdening the blog servers. Every time I see a blog for which I feel I couldn't have done any worse, I start itching to come up with my own s....
Last, and the least also, the credit goes to Divya, who pestered me to write a testimonial for her while I was working on a Saturday. When I wrote one, she deleted it on the grounds of insufficient length for a testimonial. I did receive some great reviews for that same testimonial from neutral readers and I have come to the decision that I will write now only at places where I have the deletion rights.

Preface:
The question "Why this blog?" has been answered in Acknowledgements section; which automatically brings us to the question of "What this blog will comprise of?".
The ultimate aim of this blog is to explain 42 (for those who haven't read Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy, 42 is the answer of life, universe and everything). In other words, all the questions related to human life, existence and the rest of the things of any significance will be attempted here. Unfortunately that is the ultimate aim, so that will come much later and might get skipped altogether, in case nobody reminds.
What I currently have in my mind is to start with some true events and then try something half-fictitious. Next thing, I have planned about is writing a lot of cribs. I have been cribbing about almost everything under the sun since many many years. Many people now, recognise me as an expert on this. I have a feeling that documenting these will be real fun.
I haven't planned any further as of now, because when it comes to planning, I have a big myopia. May be Basant will come up with something here also.
And yes, there will be few travelogs and testimonials too.

P.S. : Don't expect too many things too soon here. Sowmya has already made Choubey donate me 2.5 kgs of asp.net 2.0 in C# and is trying his best to push Lucene x.x down my throat. Sowmya, don't worry; I will finish these before we become eligible for competing for best team again.

1 comment:

Abhishek Jain said...

This is what I was waiting for long. Yatish it humorous but his Philosophy is refreshing and he is a gem of a person. You can feel a fresh breeze blowing from lake side to our face when you talk to him or read what he has written. His smile reminds you of in numerous happy moments you can spend with him. He mentions me in his inspiration. I am gasping for breath as nobody honored me previously.

Well just trying to eulogize him. I hope some day all the crap written above comes out to be true.